8 Best Tailor Brands Alternatives in 2023 (Compared)
Tailor Brands bills itself as an innovative service that combines business formation, logo design, and website development, providing entrepreneurs and startups an easy way to incorporate in the US.
But according to many of their former clients, Tailor Brands is a company associated with hidden fees, poor customer service, and lackluster deliverables. This doesn’t sound like a vendor you would trust to handle something as sensitive as registering your business in the United States.
If this sounds familiar, you’re probably looking for an alternative business formation service. There’s quite a few to choose from, so to make things easier we’ve compiled a list of the best Tailor Brands alternatives to consider in 2023.
Best Tailor Brands Alternatives
- Rocket Lawyer
- Swyft Filings
Alternative #1: Firstbase
Firstbase was founded to help startups, entrepreneurs, and remote teams incorporate in the US by providing affordable, hassle-free business formation services. We combine transparent pricing, personalized customer service, compliance, operational support, and a robust rewards program to help your business grow.
We’ve gone to great lengths to provide services our clients actually need, while keeping them budget-friendly. Our extensive list of features includes everything you need to start operating in the US and unlock benefits such as easier access to venture funds, lenient taxing, and branding advantages.
Let’s briefly go over Firstbase’s features that our clients love the most:
Firstbase helps entrepreneurs and startups bring their businesses to the United States. Our incorporation services include helping you choose the appropriate legal structure for your business, typically a C-corp or an LLC.
Many jurisdictions in the US require businesses to have a registered agent with a physical address within the state to settle legal matters. Firstbase provides affordable registered agent services, ensuring your business complies with legal requirements.
Firstbase Mailroom gives you access to a virtual inbox registered at a physical address. Having a registered physical address in the US makes it much easier to meet compliance requirements.
Tax and Compliance
Firstbase helps businesses stay compliant with federal and state tax requirements and filing deadlines. This includes assistance with obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and filing annual reports.
Firstbase helps you open up a business bank account, even before obtaining your EIN, which is essential for keeping your finances clean.
Firstbase includes a document management system to help businesses organize and store important legal documents, contracts, and other records.
Dashboard and Compliance Monitoring
Firstbase Founder’s App gives you access to a dashboard for tracking important compliance deadlines and requirements, ensuring your business remains in good legal standing.
Accounting with Accrual Bookkeeping
Firstbase offers both accrual- and cash-based bookkeeping, a unique feature no other other business formation service offers. You can easily integrate your bank, credit card, and payment processor into the bookkeeping platform.
LegalZoom provides comprehensive protection for your enterprise through insurance packages. Currently we offer General Liability for E-Commerce, and General Liability for Startups.
With Firstbase you can unlock founder rewards, perks and benefits that can save you upwards of $350 000. This includes premium access to services such as Wix, Zendesk, Mercury, Stripe, Notion, Salesforce, Payoneer, Slack, and others.
Each component and service that Firstbase offers is charged separately.
- Firstbase Start (one-time fee of $399) – Incorporate your US-based business in the state of your choice.
- Firstbase Agent ($99/$299/$599 per year, depending on plan) – Registered compliance agent in your state of choice. Three plans are available, Light, Autopilot, and Payroll.
- Firstbase Mailroom ($35/$50 per month, depending on plan) – Premium physical address and virtual mailbox. Two plans available, Basic and Premium.
- Firstbase Insurance (start at $26 per month) – Comprehensive protection for your enterprise.
- Firstbase Payroll ($599 per year) – Payroll registration service for hiring employees from any state regardless of your place of incorporation.
- Firstbase Loop (free) – Free tools to grow your business.
Try our interactive product demo. It’s free!
Alternative #2: MyCompanyWorks
MyCompanyWorks offers a suite of business formation services. They assist in forming various business entities, including LLCs, C-corps and S-corps, while providing ongoing compliance support.
MyCompanyWorks’ greatest advantage over Tailor Brands is that they offer straightforward pricing and online filing. Other benefits include their document preparation service, which help users complete paperwork accurately and efficiently. They also provide comprehensive resources.
That said, some users report delayed customer support responses, potentially causing frustration. Additional services beyond basic packages may come with extra costs, making it less budget-friendly.
MyCompanyWorks suits entrepreneurs seeking comprehensive business formation assistance. It's a decent service if you value a user-friendly platform but can tolerate potential customer support delays and additional expenses.
- Business Document Storage: MyCompanyWorks provides secure, cloud-based storage for essential business documents, allowing easy access and organization for clients.
- Lifetime Company Alerts: MyCompanyWorks offers lifetime alerts to keep clients informed about important compliance deadlines and requirements, helping businesses stay on track with ongoing obligations.
- Free Business Tax Consultation: Clients can access a complimentary tax consultation with a certified tax professional, providing valuable guidance on tax-related matters and strategies for optimizing financial outcomes.
BizFilings offers a custom pricing model where clients can select from a long list of services and perks, each charged separately.
Alternative #3: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is a business formation service catering to startups and small businesses, offering assistance in the registration and management of various business entities.
ZenBusiness stands out for its commitment to social responsibility. For every business formed through their platform, they pledge to plant a tree. They also provide a user-friendly platform and offer a range of services, including business name availability checks, document preparation, and registered agent services.
Despite these advantages, ZenBusiness may come with additional costs for some services. Users have reported occasional delays in customer support responses, which can be frustrating for those seeking timely assistance.
ZenBusiness appeals to socially conscious entrepreneurs seeking business formation services. It's well-suited for individuals who value environmental responsibility and a user-friendly platform. However, potential users should carefully review pricing details and consider whether they can tolerate potential support delays.
- Worry-Free Compliance: ZenBusiness offers ongoing compliance support, helping businesses stay on top of state and federal requirements, including annual report filings and other regulatory obligations.
- Business Name Reservation: Clients can secure their desired business name during the initial business formation process, ensuring it's available for use.
- Business Website and Domain Name: ZenBusiness provides clients with a free business website and domain name for a professional online presence, enhancing brand visibility and credibility.
ZenBusiness offers three pricing packages:
- Starter ($0 + state fees) – standard filing services
- Pro ($199 annually) – fast filing services, EIN, operating agreement.
- Premium ($349 annually) – fast filing services, business documents, domain name and email address, business website builder.
Alternative #4: Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is an online legal service that offers a range of legal document templates, legal advice, and business formation assistance.
Rocket Lawyer provides a library of legal document templates, making it accessible for users to create various legal documents without extensive legal knowledge. They also offer online legal advice, which can be valuable for individuals seeking guidance on legal matters.
As for downsides, Rocket Lawyer's subscription-based model can lead to ongoing costs, potentially making it less budget-friendly for users with infrequent legal needs. Also, while the platform is user-friendly, some users have reported challenges with customer support response times, which can be frustrating when seeking timely assistance.
Rocket Lawyer is suitable for users requiring a wide range of legal document templates and online legal advice. It's valuable for those who anticipate regular legal document creation and need access to legal counsel. However, potential users should consider their long-term legal needs and budget, as the subscription model may not be the most cost-effective choice for occasional users.
- Document Collaboration: Rocket Lawyer enables real-time collaboration on legal documents, facilitating efficient editing and sharing with colleagues or legal professionals.
- Legal Resource Library: Clients gain access to an extensive library of legal forms and templates, allowing for the creation of custom legal documents for various purposes.
- Document Defense®: Subscribers can enjoy Document Defense®, a unique feature that provides attorney assistance if a document prepared on Rocket Lawyer is ever challenged or disputed, offering added peace of mind and legal protection.
Rocket Lawyers is a subscription-based service with two payment tiers:
- Monthly ($39.99)
- Yearly ($239.99)
Signing up for the yearly service unlocks additional discounts for specialized services.
Alternative #5: IncFile
IncFile is a business formation service designed to assist entrepreneurs in registering and managing various business entities.
IncFile has a reputation as being an affordable and user-friendly platform. They offer essential services such as business name checks, document preparation, and filing. However, despite budget-friendly pricing, some users have reported occasional customer support response times delays.
While IncFile's pricing is competitive, it doesn't offer as many advanced features as higher-priced competitors. Additionally, the customer support response times can be frustrating for those who require immediate assistance.
IncFile caters to budget-conscious entrepreneurs seeking a cost-effective way to register their businesses. It's ideal for those who value affordability and can tolerate potential customer support delays. This service is useful for individuals looking for a no-frills, budget-friendly option for business formation.
- Lifetime Customer Support: IncFile offers lifetime customer support, providing ongoing assistance and guidance to clients long after their business formation is complete.
- Business Contract Templates: IncFile offers a library of business contract templates, simplifying the process of creating essential legal documents, such as agreements and contracts, for various business needs.
- Online Order Tracking: Clients can conveniently track the status and progress of their business formation orders through IncFile's user-friendly online platform.
IncFile offers three pricing packages to get a price estimate. You need to specify the type of business and choose a country.
Alternative #6: LegalZoom
LegalZoom is an online legal services provider offering a wide range of legal solutions, including business formation and document preparation.
LegalZoom is known for its extensive service offerings, covering everything from business registration to trademark filings. They provide comprehensive legal document templates and access to legal advice.
However, this breadth of services often comes with a higher price tag compared to competitors. Users have also reported occasional challenges with customer support response times.
LegalZoom caters to users who require a wide array of legal services and can afford a premium price point. It suits those who value a trusted brand and are willing to invest in comprehensive legal assistance. This service is useful for individuals and businesses with complex legal needs seeking a one-stop solution for various legal matters.
- Legal Document Library: LegalZoom offers an extensive library of legal forms and templates, empowering users to create customized legal documents for various purposes, from wills to business contracts.
- Subscription-Based Legal Plans: LegalZoom provides subscription-based legal plans that offer ongoing access to attorney consultations and document reviews, making it a valuable resource for those seeking ongoing legal support.
- Business Subscription Plans: LegalZoom offers subscription plans tailored to businesses, providing access to a range of services such as business formation, annual reports, and trademark registration in a bundled package, streamlining business compliance and legal needs.
LegalZoom offers three pricing packages:
- Economy ($149 + filing fees between $50 and $750, depending on state) – standard processing, Wix website.
- Standard ($329 + filing fees between $50 and $750, depending on state) – priority processing, founder’s kit.
- Express Gold ($349 + filing fees between $50 and $750, depending on state) – fastest processing, founder’s kit.
Note that incorporating in another state incurs different filing fees.
Alternative #7: Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a business formation service that assists entrepreneurs in registering and managing various business entities.
Swyft Filings stands out for its user-friendly interface and straightforward business formation process. It offers services such as business name checks, document preparation, and filing assistance.
While Swyft Filings excels in user-friendliness, it may not provide the same level of customization and additional features offered by more premium services. The occasional delays in customer support response times can be a significant drawback for those in need of immediate assistance.
Swyft Filings caters to entrepreneurs seeking a hassle-free business formation experience. It suits individuals who prioritize simplicity and convenience but can tolerate potential customer support delays. This service is useful for those looking for a straightforward and accessible way to register and manage their businesses, especially when immediate support isn't a top priority.
- ComplianceGuard™: Swyft Filings offers ComplianceGuard™, an ongoing compliance monitoring service that helps businesses stay up-to-date with state requirements, filing deadlines, and important compliance obligations.
- Business Name Availability Check: Swyft Filings provides a business name availability check to help clients secure their desired business name, ensuring it's unique and ready for use in their jurisdiction.
- Business Document Access: Swyft Filings allows clients to access and store important business documents and formation paperwork online, ensuring convenient document management and retrieval.
Swyft Filing offers three payment packages:
- Basic ($0 + state filing fees) – comprehensive name check, preparation of articles of incorporation, document filing with the Secretary of State, lifetime customer support (phone & email).
- Standard ($199 + state filing fees) – everything in Basic plus EIN, custom corporate bylaws, custom banking resolution, custom organizational minutes, instant electronic delivery of state documents upon formation.
- Premium ($299 + state filing fees) – everything in Basic plus fast processing speed, document templates, free business website & domain from Squarespace, ComplianceGuard free trial (Annual Report, Amendment, & Meeting Minutes), and more.
Alternative #8: Clerky
Clerky is a legal technology platform that specializes in providing legal services for startups, particularly focusing on handling legal documents and compliance requirements.
Clerky offers unique features such as automated legal document generation and electronic signature support, streamlining the process of creating, managing, and signing important legal documents for startups. It caters specifically to early-stage tech companies and understands their needs for complex legal documents, such as stock option plans and convertible note agreements.
While Clerky excels in catering to startups with intricate legal requirements, its services can be costly, which may not be budget-friendly for cash-strapped entrepreneurs. Additionally, its platform's complexity and specialization can be overwhelming for those looking for more straightforward legal assistance. Clerky's focus on tech startups may not be well-suited for businesses in other industries.
Clerky is a valuable resource for tech startups in need of comprehensive legal support for complex legal documents and compliance. It's ideal for scenarios where startups require specialized legal services to navigate the intricacies of early-stage growth and fundraising. However, it may not be cost-effective or user-friendly for smaller businesses with simpler legal needs outside the tech startup realm.
- Y Combinator Expertise: Clerky specializes in meeting the unique legal needs of Y Combinator-backed startups, offering tailored legal services and expertise in navigating the complexities of venture-backed businesses.
- Comprehensive Equity Management: Clerky provides advanced equity management tools, simplifying the process of issuing and managing stock and stock options for employees and founders.
- Secure Document Sharing: Clerky offers secure document sharing and collaboration features, allowing founders and legal professionals to work together seamlessly while maintaining confidentiality and compliance.
Clerky offers the following price plans:
- Incorporation ($99 + third party fees) – Expedited filing fees, first-year registered agent fee, annual report and franchise tax reminders.
- Post-incorporation setup ($299) – Action of incorporator, restricted stock purchase agreements, notices of stock Issuance, and more.
- Foreign qualification ($125 + third party fees)
- Stock plan adoption ($199) – issue restricted stock options to employees, consultants, and advisors.
- Company lifetime package ($819 one-time fee) – everything above in a single package.
What is the best Tailor Brands alternative?
Here is a quick summary of the services we’ve covered in this article.
Exploring alternative options to Tailor Brands can help you find a more tailored solution to meet your specific business needs. Each of the alternative’s we’ve explored comes with its unique strengths and weaknesses.
If you're looking for an alternative that combines affordability, comprehensive services, and excellent customer support, Firstbase stands out as the best choice. Its all-in-one platform offers seamless business formation and ongoing support, making it a top contender to consider when starting and managing your business.