Firstbase.io is looking for a Compliance Officer to join our fully-remote, international team.
Firstbase.io is a VC-backed tech startup (YCW21) dedicated to promoting business in the worldwide economy. We are helping founders launch in the US and access the greatest startup ecosystem on the planet.
As a part-time Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for implementing and overseeing the compliance programs at Firstbase.io. Firstbase.io works with individuals from all over the world, so in this role, you will coordinate and create processes to limit illegal, fraudulent, or criminal activity within the Firstbase.io customer base.
Firstbase.io partners with banking institutions, governmental departments like the Secretary of State and the IRS, third-party technology partners, and unaffiliated service providers. Therefore, you will be responsible for supporting our partners in ensuring Firstbase.io minimizes any risks.
You will be the first Compliance Officer, so this role will include creating brand new policies and engaging with internal Firstbase.io employees to hold them accountable to the newly implemented policies.
You will be responsible for:
- Being the main point of contact for any compliance-related efforts - both internally and externally with partners and customers
- Collaborate with partners and internal stakeholders to create
- maintain relevant policies
- Monitor OFAC changes
- Present new best practices to the Firstbase.io team
- Implement the necessary measures
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in technology compliance, preferably for FinTech, global software companies
- Experience with and knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to money laundering
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience dealing with governmental agencies, auditors, risk and compliance officers
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks relating to KYC, AML, OFAC requirements, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, FINRA Rule 3310, etc
Note from the CEO: "This role is essential to the long term success of Firstbase.io and our customers. We are looking for someone who can help us implement some best practices and policies from the early stages."