September 23, 2020

Starting a business in the US makes it easier to move there. Here is how.

With Firstbase since:

O1 Visa

The O-1 visa is for individuals who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, athletics, or… business. So, if your company has great potential, O-1 may be a viable option for you.

L1 Visa

The L1 visa is a visa that allows overseas companies to transfer executives and managers including business owners for up to seven years. If you have a company in your home country, opening a subsidiary in the United States can help you in obtaining this visa.

E2 Visa

This visa is meant for entrepreneurs setting up a new business in the US and investing a significant amount of money. However, you have to be from one of the countries the US has a treaty with. The amount of money you need to invest will vary according to the business, and there are no hard and fast rules on this. USCIS defines an E-2 investment as “the investor’s placing of capital, including funds and other assets, at risk in the commercial sense with the objective of generating a profit”.

EB1 Green Card

The USCIS approves EB-1 Green Cards for alien applicants who demonstrate expertise or recognized talent in a specialized field. While the underlying standard appears to be very similar to O1 Visa, in reality, USCIS requires much more proof of extraordinary ability on EB1A vis a vis the O1 visa.

Get started with Firstbase

Start, grow, and manage your business. We're with you each step of the way.